- What are the College Kids Bonuses and Rewards?
- How often can I receive the incentives for my child's account?
- Will there be additional incentives in the future?
- Where do the funds for incentives come from?
- When will I see my child's attendance bonus?
- How do I sign up for the Bonus and Incentive program?
Currently, the College Kids program offers incentives to earn money in your child's account, in addition to the $50 opening deposit by the City of St. Louis’ Treasurer’s Office. These incentives encourage you and your children to save for higher education.
- Weekly Perfect Attendance: Students can earn $1/week during the school year for attending school and arriving on time for each day of school in session that week. Parents must sign a waiver of consent to share information from the schools with the Treasurer’s Office in order to be eligible for this program. This form will be included in your welcome packet.
- Steady Saver: Deposits up to the first $100 will be matched, dollar-for-dollar.
- Financial Education: Parents and guardians are able to earn an additional $50 in contributions by completing financial education courses in-person, online through Wells Fargo Hands on Banking® and through the College Kids smartphone app.
Currently all incentives are a one-time only bonus.
Other incentives may become available as the program grows. To learn more about future incentives, sign up for the College Kids e-newsletter.
We receive funds for incentives from donations and fundraising efforts. Individual donations can be made through our non-profit fundraising partner here. The initial $50 deposit is from the Treasurer’s Office of the City of St. Louis.
Look for deposits at the end of the school year. Deposits are made based on your child's annual attendance report.
There are no steps that you need to take in order to have a college savings account for your child if s/he is a kindergartner at a St. Louis Public School or St. Louis City charter school for the 2015-2016 school year. However, in order to participate in the $1 weekly attendance program, we need your permission to access your student’s attendance records from your child’s school.
The Treasurer’s Office and College Kids CSA Program will keep your information confidential and use this data to manage your account efficiently and determine additional monetary incentives to be added to your child’s College Kids account.
Please sign and date the proper consent form below and give it to your child’s kindergarten teacher or mail to:
City of St. Louis Treasurer’s Office
Attn: Office of Financial Empowerment College Kids Program
1200 Market Street, Room 220
St. Louis, MO 63103
You may email a signed copy of the form to email@example.com or fax the form to 314-622-3782.
If you have lost your Welcome Packet and would like to sign up for the incentive please call 314-612-1686 or email CollegeKids@stlouis-mo.gov with your contact information and we would be happy to send you new forms!